Admission will be done as per the latest NCTE ,State Govt. & CU norms
As per the Latest NCTE rules
1. The current B.Ed course will be of 2 years instead of 1 year.
2. You will be opted only one pedagogy subject(method subject) instead of earlier 2 method subjects
3. Pedagogy subjects are now available in various groups as given below.
4. Deputed teachers teaching for class IX onwards(Hons/PG Scale only) in W.B.Govt./Govt. Aided/Govt. Sponsored institution having at least 1 year teaching experience as on 30.06.16 are eligible.
5. Candidate who has valid C.U. registration certificate and obtained his/her highest academic qualification from C.U will only be treated as CU candidate. A candidate will be treated as O.U.(Other University) if he/she obtained highest academic qualification from OU or has taken migration from CU.
6. Reservation of seats is as per Govt. rule (Total intake 100 seats)
7. 20% of total fresher seats are reserved for Other University candidate.
8. 50% of total seats are reserved for Deputed candidate.
9. Only Bengali medium schools will be provided for practice teaching &school internship
The B.Ed. Department of Uluberia College, Howrah, West Bengal is the oldest Teacher Education Institution of Howrah district. It is a co - educational Institution founded in 1968 with the affiliation of the University of Calcutta. It is located approximately 2 kms. from the Uluberia Railway Station. Over the years it has become a renowned teachers' training college of the district.